List of Speech Topics for Teens
Pick from our long list of 200+ interesting speech topics for teens. This page includes both persuasive and informative speech topic ideas.
- “Divorce” should be possible between parents and their kids
- It should be possible to choose your family
- Why you don’t need money or cash
- Why having siblings is a good thing
- Monday should be the third day of a three-day weekend
- Free access to a therapist after a breakup
- Zombies are real
- Being lazy is a true art
- Why students should be allowed to choose what they learn about in school
- There is plenty of truth to horoscopes
- Why cell phone use should be allowed at school
- Girls should be able to join boys sports teams
- Junk food isn’t all that bad
- Why homework does more harm than good
- Staying in is the new sneaking out
- Pets are far better to talk to than parents
- Students should get iPads or Tablets rather than books
- Eating should be allowed at any time during the school day
- Study abroad should be available to students in high schools
- Why sex education in school is so awkward and useless
- More free time means more time to get into trouble
- Teens should be taught practical skills in school
- Teachers should be required to have a great sense of humor
- There is nothing real about reality TV.
- Practical skills must be taught at school.
- Teens must tell their parents everything.
- Personality matters far more than beauty.
- Condoms mustn’t be handed out in schools.
- All teens need a pet.
- There is not enough rape and sexual assault prevention awareness.
- It is okay for teens to sleep a lot.
- Diet pills must not be easily available to teens anywhere.
- Teenage girls should be forced to go back to school after having a baby.
- Teen suicide is not given enough attention.
- Cyberbullies must be dealt with more severely.
- Homeschooled teens are socially awkward.
- Teen boys and girls should be taught in separate classes.
- Teen girls should have a say in regards to abortion.
- Tattoos should be illegal for teens.
- Teens that commit serious crimes should be charged as adults.
- Teens wouldn’t be tempted to drink if there was no age restriction.
- Yearly check-ups at gynecologists should be compulsory for teen girls.
- More time should be spent reading.
- Not enough is done to prevent teen pregnancy.
- Magazines marketed at teens are too ‘grown up’.
- The media is responsible for the moral decline of teens.
- Teens must not get involved in online relationships.
- Troubled teens must do community service.
- No teen must be labeled a lost cause.
- Parents must never get teens too much money.
- Old school values must be implemented in schools.
- Bullying changes a teen forever.
- It is important that teens become volunteers.
- Teens should spend more time with the elderly.
- Beauty contests are harmful.
- Parents have no right to embarrass their teens.
- Eating disorders are a result of a mental illness.
- Teens should avoid dating too young.
- Driving tests should be free.
- Teens should be rewarded for doing the right things.
- Teens must have mobile phones.
- Listening to music during study hall will improve concentration.
- Make it illegal for teens to drop out of school.
- Tablets must replace textbooks.
- Every teen should learn to cook.
- Cosmetic surgery is not for teens.
- Facebook is for old people.
- TV shows have too much influence on teens.
- Having a Pen Pal is very hip.
- Peer pressure can be a positive thing.
- Teens should spend more time in nature.
- Cool teachers are easier to learn from.
- Driving age should be 18.
- Birth control must be made available without parents consent.
- Teens should not follow their teachers on social media.
- Teens need to wear a school uniform.
- Parents don’t prepare their teens properly for puberty.
- Part-time jobs should be legal from the age of 14.
- Teens divorcing parents shouldn’t be allowed.
- Quiet time for teens is a necessity.
- Everyone should keep a journal.
- Teens should have their own savings account.
- Parents have the right to always have access to their teens phone.
- Teenagers can become millionaires.
- Fame is bad for young people.
- Boys get more acne than girls.
- Respond to your enemies with kindness.
- There is no such thing as a bff.
- Piercing your tongue is disgusting.
- Having too many friends is like having a part-time job.
- Teens that are outsiders are the smartest.
- Parents shouldn’t expect all teachers to leave a lasting impression on their children.
- Funny guys get more dates than the handsome ones.
- Wearing glasses makes you look cool.
- Parents have the right to choose a teens dress code.
- Teens are old enough to choose which parent to live with.
- Group projects should be scrapped.
- Prom is overrated.
- Teens lead very stressful lives.
- There is no getting out of a Friendship Zone.
- Teens need adults to trust them.
- Teens must stop trying so hard to look like everyone else.
- Leggings are not pants.
- Teens crave responsibility.
- Risk is a temptation for teens.
- FOMO is a real fear.
- ‘Because I said so’ is not a reply that works on teenagers.
- Teens want to be spoken to as adults.
- Children do care what their parents think of them.
- Parents are embarrassing.
- Drunk driving is the number one reason to up the driving age.
- Date someone with the same beliefs.
- Do not be devoted to one single sport, and choose for a physical team playing games and activities.
- Most magazines do not use the appropriate attractive language for teens.
- Teenagers should be banned from beauty surgery.
- News network organizations should re-invent themselves to attract teens.
- Most television shows are manipulating and influencing teens.
- Teens should volunteer at a local soup kitchen for homeless.
- Reinvent the pen pal handwritten letter with people from all over the world!
- Peer pressure can be good when people influence you to act good.
- Video games should be forbidden.
- Academic camps help you preparing for the education college admission procedures.
- How I met my first boyfriend/girlfriend
- Best friends are hard to come by
- The unrealistic standards that modern women are held to
- Gay and lesbian teens are no different than me
- Why I should tell your parents everything
- Why you can’t trust your mom’s fashion advice
- Why personality matters more than beauty
- Time travel must be real
- Basic Chinese phrases to survive travelling in China
- Remarkable texts in ads
- The top five bizarre tabloid news articles
- Why a chicken still walks even with the head cut off
- The most dangerous snakes you have to watch out for in the fields
- How you can easily burn out of homework
- Ten things to remember about garage sales
- Special effects of horror movies revealed
- The secrets behind the preparation of your food in fast food restaurants and the marketing trap you are walking in as soon as you enter the establishment where they serve meals to customers.
- The top five parent excuse notes
- Top tips to behave effectively in the class of Mr. or Mrs. …
- Tips for buying gifts and gadgets for someone who is not a close friend but more of some sort of an acquaintance of your parents
- Bad presents to get and bad gifts to give
- The alarming signs you are addicted to web games
- How to find out for sure if your friends are truly your friends
- Different ways to use a brick
- Cool, useful things my parents have taught me
- How to teach your grandma to text
- How to make your parents proud by doing what you love
- Top five things I do that annoy my mom
- How to fake a sickness and get out of school
- The coolest art project I’ve made
- The real feelings behind exams
- The last time I got caught in a lie…
- Things that boys/girls don’t know about girls/boys
- Gym class: What’s the worst that could happen?
- To get a job or not to get a job, that is the question
- The most widely accepted excuses for not handing in your homework on time
- How to master procrastination and still pass all your classes
- Tips for pulling off the ultimate makeover
- Popularity: How to get it, how to keep it
- My generation’s obsession with all things scary
- The best hobbies you won’t want to miss out on
- What makes a bully become a bully
- How to be smart and pretty
- The difficulty of finding employment as a teenager
- What it’s like being the oldest/youngest sibling
- Ten uses for duct tape that everyone should know
- What my life will be like in twenty years
- If I ruled the world…
- How to make people buy what you’re “selling”
- When your family forces you to spend time with them…
- The weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten
- What my dream house would be like
- The coolest place on Earth
- The top tricks to faking a cold and getting away with it
- How to do more homework in less time
- Gossip: How to know what’s real and what isn’t
- How schools can help obese students get their lives back
- How to tell someone to “go away” without sounding rude
- Teens’ obsessions with material objects and status
- Things my parents say that annoy me
- My dream job would be…
- What to look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend
- How not to get a date with your crush
- The secrets to nailing the “innocent” look
- Famous/successful people who were told “no” before they were told “yes”
- How to get a new outfit out of your parents with little effort
- Ways to get your parents to apologize to YOU
- How to get the ________ you’ve been dreaming of (shoes, purse, pony, etc.)
- How to make it through Valentine’s Day without a boyfriend/girlfriend
- Best tips for picture-perfect selfies
- For the funniest videos on YouTube, search for _______
- The coolest science projects that will get you an A every time
- Things I’ve learned that have made me wiser
- If I could create my own holiday, it would be ________
- How to get out of class/school without getting in trouble
- The coolest inventions I’ve ever seen
- How to prepare for your first kiss
- If I could write a letter to the President
- What I think the world will be like in 100 years
- The latest hair trends
- How to get someone to do your work for you without asking
- The top five topics to talk about on your date
- Why some young people are self-harming.
- How to overcome your painful shyness in speech class
34 thoughts on “206 Great Speech Topics for Teens [Persuasive, Informative]”
the earth is flat
how much flat could a flatearther prove if a flatearther could prove the earth was flat
the earth is flat yuh
i do not believe the earth is flat, I believe it is triangle
I think the earth is flat beacause Jake Pauls and Logan Paul are flat. And they are the earth. #MaverickGang
xbox is better than ps4
The earth is not flat!
earth is flat tbh
i believe the earth is a donut and when we are looking at the ‘sky’ we are really looking at the sea
The earth is not flat it is a cube
Xbox is better than PS4
What is the hardest event to get over in your life and why?
how to get away with murder
The earth is obviously a bowl, otherwise all of the water would’ve fallen out of the earth.
I dislike the “Homeshooled teens are socially awkward” topic: I believe it is both false, rude, generalized, and not a proper subject for a speech whatsoever. A lot of the topics on this list are immature and shallow. I personally am a 13 year old homeschooling teen and next time I need an idea I will not come here. If you have questions or arguments please feel free to try to prove them….
Clearly you need to get some information on what “argumentative” speech is.
all of these topics sound like old men wrote them
the earth is shaped like a pyramid
nintendo switch is better than xbox
Clearly the earth is spherical
However, I believe we are on the inside face of the sphere, which means that all these ‘stars’ they talk about are actually the lights on the other side of the world.
And then the moon landings must have been faked.
i believe in the doughnut theory and think the bermuda triangle is the hole in the middle of the earth……..
Xbox is better then PS4 AF!!
ps4 is better than xbox and the earth is not round it is a hexagon
ps3 is better then ps4
The earth is round duhhh what did the guys see when they were in space? A round earth from earth what do u see? a round moon …… Illuminati Confirmed…….
disagree w most of these topics and yes the earth is a donut
can someone please give me a good speech topic please thanks
i- all you people are wrong. the earth is oBviOusLy kardashian shaped. they basically rule the world, it would make sense that the planet they’re living in loves them so much, it took their form. duh.
all video game platforms can burn xx
nah i’m just playing
I really like these Speech Topics they will help me more to win!
Is water wet
you can burn fire
kids should not be able to choose if their gay or not their to young to know and it will just be a phase just like blm
@the hard truth
Those children have the freedom to be who they are, if you like it or not
basic names should be banned.