Self introduction speech tutorial including twelve speech topics for effective presenting and a sample outline to introduce your personal features briefly to all intents and purposes. In other words: tell who you are and what you are about, and what you desire greatly they know about you.
This page deals with self introduction speech topics for classroom or other public speaking events an opportunities in life for a good first impression.
Another short manner for introducing yourself is the elevator speech, meant for business purposes.
The key question for successful and effective presenting yourself to others in both occasions is: how much and what information do you want the audience to know about you?
Due to the fact you have to write your talk around one theme, I recommend to develop one aspect of your life. That aspect will tell who you are and what you are about. Some people call this type a one-point preliminary, because it is based on one speaking idea.
Sample Introduction Speech Topics
Look at the sample self introduction speech topics and pick out the aspects of your personal life you want to share with the audience. Approach the list below with the who, the what, the whereabouts, for sure the why, the how and when questions. That is an effective way to outline your first thoughts.
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter.
Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- What activity has played or plays an important part in your life? Tell the story and distract the message.
- What is your main personal goal?
- What do you like very much? Your hobby?
- What do you hate or dislike? Your aversions?
- Do you have developed a very special skill?
- What is your lifestyle?
- Can you come up with a turning point or milestone in you life?
- What is your hobby or interest in your spare time?
- What is a pet peeve or another very familiar topic you like to talk about, to do or to discuss?
- Where you are from? Do your roots reveal something about yourself that is new for the audience? That always works in a small nice text for introducing your biggest personal features.
- Is there an object or prop that means a lot to you?
- What distinguishes you from other individuals in class?
Sample Self Introduction Speech Outline
Now that you have picked out a central thesis, use this example profiler I have created:
Grab their attention. Immediately bring in your central message and come to the point.
Give some background information. Tell why it is important to you, why you are doing it, why you want to tell them, etcetera.
Now work out your item of discussion in a few sentences. Draw the contours, make it personal.
Give an example.
In conclusion, offer a memorable answer in your self-introduction speech on the question the listeners probably will have when they listen to your public speaking efforts: what’s in it for me? Tell how this aspect of your life makes who you are and what you are. It will be the perfect ending of your spoken presentation.