Psychology speech topics about our mental everyday state, think about testing emotional intelligence or even hypnosis and catharsis brought together in informative statements for writing on mindsetting.
- Hierarchy of human needs theory of Abraham Maslow. The series of levels in that process are good main points: the physiological, safety, belonging, esteem and self-actualisation needs.
- Why do so many people find adolescence so difficult? Life circumstances perhaps make you feel like you are riding in a roller coaster due to the speedily physical and emotional changes. Mention the causes and the ways to cure. Psychology speech topics to help and advice other persons.
- How do you remember what you know? In other words describe the way your brain works for short-term and long-term memories. Molecular and chemical actions and reactions can be part of your informative conversation.
- Artificial Intelligence technologies. E.g. computer systems performing like humans (robotica), problem solving and knowledge management with reasoning based on past cases and data.
- Strong stimuli that cause changes in temporary behavior. E.g. Pills, money, food, sugar. In that case it is an good idea to speak about energy drinks and their short-term effectiveness – do not forget to mention the dangers …
- Jung’s theory about our ego, personal unconscious and collective unconscious. Psychoanalyst Carl Jung discovered that neurosis is based on tensions between our psyche and attitudes.
- What exactly is Emotional Intelligence? And why is it more important than IQ-ratings nowadays. How to measure EI with what personality tests?
- That brings me to the next psychology speech topics: the dangers of personality tests.
- Psychological persuasion techniques in speeches. E.g. body language, understanding audience’s motivations, trance and hypnosis.
- Marketing and selling techniques based on psychological effects. E.g. attractive stimulating colorful packaging, or influencing behavior of consumers while shopping in malls.
- Meditation helps to focus and calm down the mind. E.g. Teach your public to focus on breathing, revive each movement of an activity in slow motion, or the walking meditation.
- The reasons against and for becoming a behaviorist. Behaviorism is the methodological study of how the scientifically method of psychology.
- Sigmund Freud and his ideas. With a little bit of fantasy you can alter and convert these example themes into attractive psychology speech topics: our defense mechanisms, hypnosis and catharsis, psychosexual stages of development.
- Biological causes of a depression. E.g. biological and genetic, environmental, and emotional factors.
- When your boss is a woman. What happens to men? And to women?
- The first signs of anxiety disorders. E.g. sleeping and concentration problems, edgy and irritable feelings.
- How psychotherapy by trained professionals helps people to recover.
- How to improve your nonverbal communication skills and communicate effectively. Study someone’s incongruent body signs, vary your tone of voice, keep eye contact while talking informally of formally with a person.
- Always talk after traumatic events. Children, firefighter, police officers, medics in conflict zones.
- The number one phobia on earth is fear of public speaking – and not fear of dying. That I think is a very catchy psychological topic …
And a few more topics you can develop yourself:
- Dangers of personality tests.
- How to set and achieve unrealistic goals.
- Sigmund Freud Theory.
- The Maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory.
- Three ways to measure Emotional Intelligence.
- Why public speaking is the number one phobia on the planet.
- Animated violence does influence the attitude of young people.
- Becoming a millionaire will not make you happy.
- Being a pacifist is equal to being naive.
- Change doesn’t equal progress.
- Everyone is afraid to speak in public.
- Ideas have effect and consequence on lives.
- Mental attitude affects the healing process.
- Philanthropy is the fundament of curiosity.
- Praise in public and criticize or punish in private.
- Sometimes it is okay to lie.
- The importance of asking yourself why you stand for something.
- The only answer to cruelty is kindness.
- The trauma of shooting incidents last a lifetime.
- To grab people’s attention on stage, keep a close eye on their attitude and social backgrounds.
- Torture as an interrogation technique is never acceptable.
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter.
Free proofreading and copy-editing included.