Environmental speech topics and essay writing on angles of view regarding different aspects of our ecology for public speaking. Hope these helpful ideas will sparkle your fantasy!
- The danger of ocean oil spills.
- Recycling should be mandatory.
- Why oil needs to be conserved.
- Why we should use reusable bags.
- Why palm oil should be banned.
- Ban mining in environmentally sensitive areas.
- Disposable diapers are hazardous to the environment.
- The environment is more important than genetics in determining how a person will turn out.
- The danger of oil drilling in Alaska.
- Fishing regulations are necessary to preserve the environment.
- Endangered species need protection.
- We need to invest more in alternative fuels.
- Endangered oceans deserve protection.
- We should strive for a paperless society.
- Conserve our global resources.
- Rain forests need to be protected.
- The principal threats of land degradation in Asia / Africa / South America (choose one continent for your thesis focus).
- Ocean acidification (a decline in the pH degree of ocean waters) endangers marine organisms.
- The main causes of massive coral bleaching (the whitening of corals).
- The advantages of an intercropping system for sustainable plant production.
- Environmentalists are misusing the term sustainable development.
- Why we should be concerned about ozone depletion in Earth’s stratosphere.
- Bottom trawling (dragging huge nets along the sea floor) is killing for the benthic ecological organisms.
- The benefits of microbes to humans.
- Make you own Carbon Footprint and realize how polluting you are.
- Why the carbon tax should be the next stage in our capitalist world.
- How to manage E-waste streams in modern India.
- Emissions trading or exchangeable emission permits work contra-productive in the urgency to blow back global warming.
- Debt-for-nature swaps are natural friendly policies.
- Renewable energy technologies like wind energy, hydroelectricity, biomass and solar power should be stimulated by the government.
- How to apply green ecological sustainable computing (or green IT) at your home PC or Mac.
- The BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is the worst man-made mishap in American history. Environmental persuasive speech topics can also be found after that big crash at sea – e.g. in Nigeria.
- We should handle with care the dangers and risks of exhausting our fossil fuel resources on earth, and protect the innocent sea life.
- Global warming demands more joined global action than Kopenhagen did.
- Encourage livestock owners to adopt sustainable grazing systems.
- Environmental damage of energy consumption force us to use energy alternatives.
- Mankind is responsible for the large loss of biodiversity in nature.
- Avoid using plastic bags.
- Buy natural and organic produced, and fair trade products.
- Our ever-expanding consumerism has killed the earth.
- Sacrifice a little bit of the economic growth for the good of the environment.
- Give tax cuts to companies to develop solar, wind and forms of hydrogen energy.
- There should be a green tax on aviation fuel.
- Why stores need to stop supplying plastic bags
- Are green jobs really green and environmentally friendly?
- TV news program weather forecasts are not accurate at all.
- The only effective litter prevention method is to force recycling.
- Recycling helps with green house effects.
- Only energy efficient household appliances should be sold.
- Nuclear power is a good alternative energy source.
- Keep your thermostat at 68 F in Winter and 72 F in Summer.
- Hunting sports harm the biodiversity.
- Hundreds of thousands of species will go extinct by 2060.
- Buying durable goods will save the world.
- We are wasting the opportunity to waste less.
- Water pollution will be the world’s biggest problem in the next years.
- Natural disasters stimulate economic growth.
- We are killing the rainforest, our planet’s lungs.
- The change of our climate pattern is not natural.
- The effects of global warming are not overestimated by scientists and green activists.
- Restrict every household to 50 gallon can on trash and yard waste a week.
- Rural development is the main cause of wildfires and extensive damage in the past years.
- Energy alternatives are the only solution to the environmental damage.
- Paying higher energy prices is a sacrifice we have to make for cleaner fuels.
- Construction plans must include an environment-section.
- Promote earthfriendly cars by tax benefits.
Why can’t the discussion about nuclear energy just be about the sole bare facts instead of political bias all the time?
6 additional persuasive environmental speech topics
Persuasive environmental speech topics to increase the quality of your persuasive communication skills, detailed layouts on Natural Resources, Radio Active Waste Management, and Intensive Farming are even applicable on essay writing goals.
Examine the opportunities I offer, and assemble you own speaking text based on the sample series of reasons below.
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter.
Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
That logic reasoning process in the end will result in a nice and substantial blueprint, and a sample argumentation scheme for a debate on good persuasive environmental speech topics.
Excessive Use of Natural Resources Leads to Depletion In The End.
|I. Industrial development destroys the environment by left over and residue materials such as:||a. High concentrations of metals;
b. Toxic substances and chemically changed minerals;
c. Debris and litter;
d. Radioactive infected ground at industrial sites.
|II. Large-scale soil erosion because surface soil washes away due to influencing water tides and winds streams.||a. Intensive plowing and draining of farm land.
b. Planting of genetically singular crops in combination with applying too much fertilizers and pesticides.
|III. Abnormal huge irrigation systems in farming:||a. Salination of the ground, ground water, and creeks and wells.
b. Excessive withdrawal of ground water reserves.
|IV. Surface and underground mining for gas, oil and minerals devastate land and oceans and mutilates our world.||a. It causes every growing desolate and desert spots.|
|V. Deforestation – the rainforests in Latin America are the obvious victims – you not need grown-up persuasive communication skills to bring this to reason.||a. Including their biodiverisity of forest animals;
b. Exotic plants;
c. And micro-organisms.
Radioactive materials are – without exception I would state – firm persuasive environmental speech topics and essay discourse themes for students. E.g.:
Radio Active Waste Management.
|I. There are three critical stages in the radio active waste management flow:||a. Spent nuclear fuel that is stored temporarily at power plants, also known as interim storage.
b. The control of the risky transportation of radioactive materials.
c. The final storage and disposal, to protect future generations from potential threats.
|II. There are three levels of contamination:||a. The low level waste:||1. Nuclear reactor complexes, and also hospitals and research departments of industrial corporations produce low level waste.
2. It is considered as hazardous during at least thirty years and have to be isolated for three to five-hundred years from now.
|В||b. The intermediate level waste:||1. Heavier toxic materials from nuclear power plants constrained with the obligation to secure it in concrete.
2. Solid and semi-solid organic substances, chemical sediment from metal bonding processes.
|В||c. The high-level nuclear waste:||1. Exceeding the other acceptable amounts, highly dangerous to humans and other organic species for thousands of years in the future.
2. Residual nuclear waste in nuclear electricity generation complexes in the uranium fuel cycle.
3. Plutonium and uranium fuel in a nuclear reactor.
Intensive farming has many pros and cons. In the next example I deal with the cons. Note that each of them could be used as single persuasive environmental speech topics for a debate or essay:
The Disadvantages of Intensive Farming.
|I. Disavantage One: often factory-like farms use an overkill of chemical fertilizers, insecticides, and pesticides.||a. Pesticides kill helpful insects. E.g. bees, ladybugs, and mantis.
b. Chemical residues in meat, in fruit and in vegetables end up in our human food chain.
c. The soil and water streams are contaminated.
|II. Disavantage Two: The problem of overcrowded livestock feedyards and poultry holding facilities full of pigs, cows, and chickens.||a. Their waste causes environmental pollution.
b. Great risk of livestock diseases and infections for humans.
|III. Disavantage III: Forests fires to make way for farmland.||a. Cause erosion of the soil.
b. Reduce the wild animal population.
|IV. Disavantage Four: Hormonal preparations to stimulate growth.||a. This must make genetic selection easier and have to facilitate the extensive breeding of animals.|
You also could take the opposite side and defend the pro-intensive farming arguments by attacking and replacing them for reasons in favor of the supporters of intensive farming. That will provoke immediate discussion among your listeners. Furthermore I would like to share alternative options for persuasive environmental speech topics:
- Endangered species;
- Marine debris and microplastics;
- The sea level rise.
Endangered species – The international list of protected animals. E.g. the Red List of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature IUCN. Sharpen your persuasive communication skills and judge the conditions for protection.
Marine debris and microplastics – More and more are our ocean, seas, lakes and rivers polluted. Littering: plastic bottles, bags, and so on. Persuade your audience to act. Let them support coastal volunteer operations to remove and prevent debris.
The sea level rise – What is bad about it? What are the predictions of meteorologists regarding the reported weather and climate changes? What should we do to stop it? Is it possible to stop the rise of the sea level anyway?
- The fundamentals of logistics for oil and gas exploration.
- Wildlife protection programs.
- Plants, animals and organisms that live in the ocean.
- The greatest rainforests in the world.
- Facts and figures of littering in our community
- Domestic water waste treatment plans.
- Safety issues of nuclear power plants.
- Local communities can contribute to maintenance of fragile ecosystems.
- Global concern about climate change rose dramatically after Al Gore made his documentary.
- The importance of sustainable development for future generations.
- What is at stake with greenhouse carbon gas emissions?
- Water is the upcoming hot issue in the Middle East.
- Availability and purity of water.
- The Burj Khalifa skyscraper in Dubai – the smart innovative energy reuser.
- South-American tropical forests.
- Global climate change is not only caused by humans.
- We need a healthy environment.
- The effects of global warming.
- Why conserving energy is important.
- The negative aspects of a polluted environment.
- The great Pacific garbage patch.
- The ways that water pollution is harmful.
- The effects of industrial and household waste.
- What is global warming?
- The benefits of organic farming.
- Why drought is a serious problem.
- The pollution of today’s world.
- The importance of reducing, reusing, and recycling.
- The effects of environmental degradation.
- Why should we save birds.
- Why we should save the Ganges.
- How to recycle different materials.