What makes a speech topic easy?
If you have interest and knowledge in a specific subject, it makes for an easy speech topic. If a subject is not complex, it makes for an easy subject. If you have interest and knowledge on a simple non-complex topic, that makes for a really easy speech topic.
If time doesn’t allow for much preparation or research, what’s best is to stick with something you know. This will cut down significantly on your workload because you already know most of what there is to know.
In this article:
Easy and Simple Speech Topics on Popular Subjects
- Teachers should be required to take basic skills tests every few years to keep their certification
- Less professional advertisements in schools
- Why single-sex public schools are better than co-ed
- SAT scores for college applicants
- Student cyber bullies should be expelled from school
- Hazing on college campuses is a problem
- Higher education is a basic need for succeeding in life today.
- Schools should not serve french fries and soda
- Students that study online cheat more.
- Classic literature should only be for college students.
- Every student in every school should wear a uniform
- Students should be placed in trade schools after getting a basic education
- Exam scores have little indication on a student’s abilities
- History textbooks don’t tell the whole truth
- Learning about all world religions in schools is important
- Homeschooling is better than traditional education
- Phones are distracting students from learning
- Going to college has little bearing on a successful future
- Students should learn and be fluent in a second language
- Mandatory community service for students to graduate high school
- Should tablets and other technology replace books?
- Schools should educate on proper nutrition from start to finish
- Regulating the music at school dances to eliminate cursing
- The impact of gym class on students
Family, Friends, Relationships
- Dual parent households benefit children more.
- Couples are wrong to stay together for the kids.
- Family must always come first.
- Parents need to stop forcing their own dreams on their children.
- Live together before getting married.
- Married couples must have date nights.
- Breastfeeding is better than formula feeding
- Discipline should be based on rewards, not punishment
- Divorce doesn’t damage children.
- Lower cost childcare or childcare provided at every workplace
- Make help more readily available to single pregnant mothers
- Never borrow money from friends.
- Pros and cons of abstinence
- Imposing a curfew on kids 17 and under
- Parents should be accountable for not providing a healthy diet to their children
- Kids having jam-packed schedules isn’t good for them
- Long distance relationships don’t work.
- It’s not good to be an only child.
- Families eating together is important
- Kids today are being made to be selfish, disrespectful, and entitled
- Teenagers should contribute to household expenses
- The need for parental consent to give teen girls birth control
- Restrictions on how many children one family can have
- Free counseling to at-risk youth
- Parents right to give consent for their child to drink at home under supervision
- Should parents respect kids privacy at all times?
- How it takes a village to raise a child
- Parent’s responsibility to discuss sex education
- Video game violence causing violent kids
- Imposing better and more affordable options for the aging community
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter.
Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- Dogs are better pets than cats.
- Exotic animals are not pets.
- Neutering pets is a must.
- Humans have turned pit bulls into monsters.
- Zoos do not give animals enough space.
- Adopt don’t shop is key to getting a pet.
- Birds are not meant to live in cages.
- Dolphins are intelligent creatures.
- Zoos cause more harm than good
- Euthanize dogs that have bitten more than once
- Ban slaughter houses for horses
- Why dogs are man’s best friend
- Not allowing people to keep exotic animals as pets
- Pit bulls aren’t the problem, it’s their owners
Government and the Law
- Two child max rule should apply worldwide.
- Smoking in all public places should be illegal worldwide.
- Legalize abortion for rape and incest cases.
- Buyers should be punished even harsher than poachers.
- Cosmetic surgery should be regulated.
- Equal punishment and less protection for celebrities who break the law
- Impose bi-annual drivers tests for people over 60
- People on welfare should be drug tested to receive welfare, and at random to keep it
- Moral and legal stance on capital punishment
- Immigrants should be required to speak the primary language of the country they wish to immigrate to
- Red light cameras at every traffic light
- Everyone having access to affordable or even free universal health care
- The government is no longer “by the people and for the people”
- Impose stricter federal restrictions on internet content
- Making self-defense courses available to the public
- Regulate automobile emissions
- All weapons must be registered with the police
- The government shouldn’t censor information given online
- Stricter punishments for driving drunk
- No death penalty for juveniles
- Higher standards held for the President
- Weeding out the dirty politicians
- Protecting the quality of drinking water in America
- Criminals should pay restitution to their victims rather than to society
- Eliminate cursing on day-time television
- Restrictions on garbage output to reduce pollution and carbon footprint
- Legal issues are the best sources to find suggestions for persuasive speech topics.
- There is a need for more prisons.
- Human rights must be respected.
- People need to visit dentists more often.
- Fast foods must be more expensive than healthier foods.
- Music has healing power.
- Fast food restaurants are not responsible for obesity.
- Eating fruit is healthier than drinking fruit juice.
- Medical marijuana isn’t a cure.
- Vegan diets are too extreme.
- Benefits of drinking 2L of water per day is a myth.
- Calcium doesn’t make teeth stronger.
- Losing weight is easy, keeping it off is not.
- Aging cannot be reversed.
- Fat isn’t bad for you.
- Electronic cigarettes are harmful.
- Diet pills do not work.
- Balanced sugar-free nutrition is an effective treatment for ADHD.
- Hospitals should allow owners of pets to have their pets brought in
- Buying local goods is better for the economy and for our health
- The impact of consuming all organic foods on our bodies
- The benefits of alternative medicine vs. Western medicine
- HIV and AIDS testing done annually for Health Care Professional
- Fast food and the war on obesity
- Morbidly obese people should have to pay more for public transportation
- Healthcare should include a gym membership and nutrition counseling
- The negative implications of Facebook
- Television programs must be censored before broadcasting.
- Talking during movies at the theater is rude behavior.
- How the paparazzi hinders free press
- The good and bad when it comes to Google
- The paparazzi are the real stalkers.
- Celebrities get away with everything.
- Video games are not evil.
- Downloading copyrighted MP3s is piracy.
- Sex and violence on television is harmful to children.
- Ad spots in news programs should be banned.
- News media should give equal attention to all politicians.
- There is nothing real about reality TV.
- Social media should be blocked at work places.
- Fake news writers should be punished.
- Word of mouth will always be the best form of advertising.
- TV’s will soon be a thing of the past.
- Romantic movies set unrealistic standards.
- Ads aimed at children should be strictly regulated.
- Television has become the number two news source after the internet and tv will be further downsized.
- Beer advertisements promote irresponsible drinking and ought to be banned from the communal street views.
- Harry Potter books are popular even among adults.
- News reporters earn money because of people who make a mess of their lives.
- No news is good news!
- Books should never be burned in public.
- Advantages of having a three-day weekend instead of a two-day weekend
- Why everyone should visit Disney World
- Allow married women to enter Miss World and Miss Universe pageants.
- There couldn’t be enough beauty contests for children!
- Beauty contests degrade women.
- Some market toys provoke and promote violent behavior.
- Mac is better than PC
- Santiago de Chile tourists must be made aware of pickpocketers. (or another city)
- Love is far more powerful than hate
- Make free public wi-fi available
- Bike-sharing programs
- Stealing from the rich to give to the poor is not nobel.
- The morals behind lying
- Silly games like Candy Crush are making people less intelligent
- Using hands-free devices while driving
- Using lie detector tests for employment purposes
- What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger
- Money can’t buy happiness
- Is Batman a real superhero?
- Why there aren’t more female construction workers
- Lie detector tests are inaccurate.
- Organic food tastes better.
- Alternative power is the answer to our energy crisis.
- It’s immoral to genetically design babies.
- Every property needs to have at least one tree.
- Nursery rhymes need to be looked at better.
- Hostels are not a place for children.
- Plant fruit trees on sidewalks.
- Religion and science can go hand in hand.
- Everyone should know how to swim.
- Not wearing a seat belt a personal choice.
- Opposites will always attract.
- Climate change is always changing.
- Not enough is done to end world hunger.
- Battery farming is unethical.
- People shouldn’t be paying for drivers licenses.
- Smokers make the most acquaintances.
- First impressions are always right.
- Cash should be abandoned completely.
- Allow mind reading during poker.
- Minimum wage is too low.
- Security cameras are an invasion of privacy.
- Clients don’t want birthday messages from businesses.
- Allow casual dress clothes in the workplace.
- Make public transport free.
- The welfare system doesn’t work.
- Organ donors should be paid.
- All kids on a winning team should get a trophy.
- Illegal immigrants don’t harm the economy.
- Humans are vegetarian by nature.
- Self-driving cars will cause fewer accidents.
- It is time to include internet slang to dictionaries.
- Teens are unfairly stereotyped.
- Group homes are better than foster care.
- Guns don’t kill people.
- Fracking is dangerous.
- Money isn’t the root of all evil.
- Being homeless is a choice.
- The school curriculum is too overloaded.
- Graffiti is art.
- Priests shouldn’t be giving marriage counseling.
- Everyone must be taught to do CPR.
- Juvenile crime is dealt with incorrectly.
- Older generations were crueler.
- Royal families are not needed in this day and age.
- Fame will always be bad for children.
- Prisoners must not be allowed tovote.
- Yearly HIV tests for all health professionals.
- Being skinny is no longer cool.
- Lego’s are not gender bias.
- The drought in Cape Town will happen in other parts of the world too.
- Employees know more than employers.
- Adoption records should be opened.
- Affirmative action is false competition in the workspace.
- Aids tests should be required in federal prisons – for all inmates and the prison guards too.
- The millimeter wave scanner at airports security zones strikes out all privacy that we fought for.
- Water management in our home really does matter.
- Why you should only buy fair trade.
- Hundred percent airline safety is an utopia.
- Helping runaways is a crime.
- Help addicted popstars immediately and save them.
- Hands free cell phone use in cars must be promoted better.
- Drivers quickly forget their drivers education.
- The driving age for teens should be raised to 18.
- The 1st Amendment is not a shield for hate groups.
- Reducing crime is a utopia.
- Impose trade and social sanctions on countries that do not prohibit child labor.
- More cold cases will be solved if investigators make use of DNA available.
- Ban the sale of guns at shops and stores.
- Saying what you want must not include hate speech.
- Immigrants must learn the language of the country they move to.
- Refund or rebate extra taxes collected plus interest on it to those who paid.
- Help the homeless down the streets and persuade them to look for work.
- Cell phone use is dangerous while driving.
- How Christopher Columbus discovered the Americas.
- History of our National Anthem and rituals.
- Paying off mortgage debt early is a good investment.
- Global awareness makes us responsible citizens of the world.
Nothing really stand out?
No problem. Start by writing a list of things that interest you. Keep going until you find something you know a good deal about and that you could talk about forever. Choose something that will get your blood boiling, that you feel strongly about, even if others don’t. You’ll likely convert some people to your way of thinking just by the way you speak about your chosen topic.
No matter what topic you choose, always be credible and purpose-driven. Giving false facts is a big “no-no” and so is being wishy-washy with you speech. Give it meaning, give it purpose.
Just remember, what may be easy speech topics to one person, isn’t always easily understood by someone else. So keep that in mind when persuading your audience.
8 thoughts on “243 Easy and Simple Speech Topics”
which topic is best topic in the world?
Thanks a lot
It helped me in debate competition
Oof! that was quite a lot of reading, but it helped me greatly! I’m in a speech contest (middle grade, I’m in Canada).
Nice Idea to Easy and Simple Speech for Student Great Work well done
Thanks a lot it’s helpful
Last year I was super motivated to do a speech, and I came first in my school, with the topic of beach and ocean pollution. But know i’m not even motivated at all. Any suggestions of what I should do?
when your watching a movie with your parents and it gets to a sex scene and you tryna act cool: yes, the floor is very nice
My school has the best topics from this website UWU