Demonstration speech topics and methods to develop hundred demonstratives for good public speaking, step by step. Follow those steps and read the tips. The goals could be numerous, i.e. to demonstrate a process and give the audience information while using visual aids, or to show how to do something, or how something works.
Begin your writing process by selecting some demonstration materials.
Choose a topic you are knowledgeable about, as this will help make your presentation much more effective.
If you cannot come up with good public speaking cases for a presentation, then use any of the subjects listed below for inspiration.
In this article:
- How to Choose the Right Demonstration Speech Topic
- Our List of Good Demonstration Topics
- Process Demonstration Speech Topics
- Unique Demonstration Speech Topics
- Technical How To Ideas
- More Ideas
- Demonstrate …
- How to write a Demonstration Speech
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter.
Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
How to Choose the Right Demonstration Speech Topic
You likely have plenty of processes and skills that you think would be valuable for others to know how to do, but that doesn’t mean that any topic you pick will be a good idea for your circumstance. You have to consider the complexity of the demo and whether your audience will be able to fully understand the process in the time given. Here are a few things to consider to help you choose a good demonstration speech topic:
- Interests – Both you and your audience’s interests are an important factor when deciding on a demonstration speech topic. Your excitement and enthusiasm is needed to inspire the audience to care about what you are teaching. If your speech gains great audience attention, you’ll likely have questions to answer afterword. Make sure to choose a topic you are knowledgeable and confident in.
- Audience demographics – Consider what is appropriate for the group you are addressing. Aim to provide a skill that is of value to them, though be careful not to pick a topic that is either overly simple or complex.
- Setting – Consider what your presentation space is going to be like. Will you be indoors or outdoors? How much room do you have? These details will help you understand which topics will be better suited than others, given the conditions you’re delivering your speech in.
- Time limit – Think about what you can realistically teach in the time you’re given for your speech. While one topic may stand out to you, you may not be able to fully cover it if you’re only given five minutes.
- Visual aids – While your demonstration itself is a visual aid, many how-to speeches can benefit from videos, PowerPoint slideshows, and handouts. Consider what technology or props you’ll have available for your speech.
Our List of Good Demonstration Topics
Speech topics can be broad. To give an effective demonstration speech, it’s a good idea to customize a topic to fit your unique situation. Take a speech topic that interests you and work to hone in on one central idea within that subject.
To discover the main point you want to make in your speech, determine what the specific purpose is of teaching your audience about this topic. What exactly do you want to demonstrate to your audience?
Form a clear thesis statement that answers this question in detail. Describe in one sentence what your demonstration is about and why it’s important that you share it.
Once you’ve determined the central idea of your speech, play with different action verbs to set up your main point. Here are a few phrases and verbs to frame your demonstrative speech topic:
- How to …
- Fix …
- Use …
- Do …
- … Works
- … is done, produced, or made.
- X Steps to…
Try some of these other verbs too: deal with, draw, handle, execute, create, develop, incorporate, invent, operate, perform, or predict. Those words generate attention and they are in nature describing what your public speaking audience can expect.
These action verbs and phrases help describe to your audience what they can expect from your speech. Your headline will be more of an attention getter with these demonstration-specific words.
Below are lists of demonstration speech topics separated by category. In order to choose an effective demonstration speech topic, remember to consider your interests, audience, and what visual aids are available. Use action verbs to create an attractive headline and better target your audience.
- cook a pie (or anything else you like / know how to cook).
- tie a tie.
- fix a flat tire.
- create a Halloween mask.
- clean your car.
- play piano.
- change a bank check.
- dress like a princess.
- play a computer game.
- make a cocktail.
- taste wine.
- organize a surprise party.
- print a digital photo.
- eat oysters.
- register for voting.
- make Irish Coffee.
- read music notes.
- learn playing guitar.
- use your breath when you sing.
- make beer.
- open a bottle of wine.
- make your garden full of flowers year around.
- build a web site.
- clean your swimming pool.
- clean your golf clubs.
- make a fast summer salad.
- make a new candle of old ones.
- make your own wedding dress.
- organize your wedding.
- make a water-color.
- build a shed.
- prevent injury.
- knot a carpet.
- stop thinking.
- speak Italian.
- become a good actress.
- become a famous film star.
- write a film script.
- write a business-like letter.
- make honey.
- blow a glass.
- train your brain.
- dry your hair.
- greet Japanese people.
- use the cruise control.
- make a genealogical tree.
- climb a building.
- make a dancing show.
- make ice.
- snow board.
- board on sand.
- make a golf swing.
- draw a cartoon character.
- build a snowman.
- use the content of articles without violating their copyrights.
- put a weave in hair.
- sculpt your eyebrows properly.
- apply nail polish.
- apply makeup.
- find a roommate.
- choose the perfect pet.
- survive in the wilderness.
- make an emergency kit.
- perform a magic trick.
- organize your closet.
- change a baby’s diaper.
- find your ancestors.
- set up an aquarium.
- choose a digital camera.
- use the process of deduction.
- tie various knots.
- use the U.S. Postal Service.
- weave a basket.
- write a resume.
- knit a scarf.
- write a will.
- read a map.
- avoid ID theft.
- make bread crumbs.
- pick a bottle of wine.
- make banana pudding.
- make homemade salsa.
- decorate a cake.
- make pizza.
- make soup.
- make ice cream.
- make beer.
- brush your teeth properly.
- be healthy.
- choose the right running shoe.
- shoot a basketball.
- wax a surfboard.
- play chess.
- play poker.
- weight lift.
- program car keys and remotes.
- backup your DVDs.
- pack a suitcase that passes customs.
- find cheap airline tickets.
- find the best spring break deals.
- use a makeup if you a guy.
- fly an real RC plane (only show this outdoors and only if you are good).
- scribe a good poem.
- be an ninja (PS Joking sorry).
- pot a plant.
- bake a birdhouse.
- build a model.
- make jello Jigglers.
- arrange flowers.
- polish Shoes.
- design wedding cakes.
- stamp greeting cards.
- make ornaments.
- color eggs.
- make a pinata.
- fold napkins in a funny way.
- tie Die shirts.
- get your keys out of a locked car.
- fix a flat tire on a bicycle.
- saddle horse (I did this and tooka video of saddling my horse and narrated it to my audience).
- be a good student
- make jewelrey.
- text effective and clear messages.
- make a paper airplane.
- grow herbs – e.g. chamomile, parsley, catnip – in your own mini greenhouse.
- make the crunchiest marshmallows at a camp fire place.
- care for hamsters or other household pets.
- fold an origami crane.
- prepare invisible ink to write secret messages.
- construct a boomerang that comes back to you.
- prepare a banana chocolate shake to recover from a hangover.
- make twirling confetti eggs for parties and events.
- select the proper running shoes for recreational walks.
- use a sextant for navigation like two centuries ago.
- select and prepare a backpack for travel abroad.
- make up a first aid kit for simple treatment of minor injuries.
- learn break dance tricks and street moves.
- build a rabbit hutch or cages and runs.
- make a real Italian pizza with classic recipes.
- read a barometer and analyze the results.
- get energy from solar cells on your roof.
- identify if a Louis Vuitton bag is authentic.
- practice active listening communication techniques.
- learn fast reading.
- clean and polish golden rings, bracelets, and necklaces.
- pick a color scheme and palette.
- count the calories and make healthier choices.
And so on …
Another way of inventing demonstration speech topics is by association. Look at the general categories and themes below.
Food and Drink, Household Appliances, Sports Equipment, Outdoor Recreation Travel Trips, Health and Beauty Tips, Home Improvement, Home Decoration, Vintage Cars, Government Science, Nature Medicine, College Games, Culture, Tires and Suspension Trademarks, Travel Packing, Acne Curing, Building Treehouses, Vaccines, Vacuum Cleaners, Valentines Day Dating, Vanishing Tricks, Ventilation Systems, Video Game Consoles, Making Home Videos, Volleyball Techniques, Warm Ups and Stretching Training Methods, Water Polo Rules, Wind Turbines, Tasting Wine Vintages, Woodworking, How to Write a Testimonial About Yourself, Sales Elevator Pitches, Yoga for Starters Programs … Et cetera.
Process Demonstration Speech Topics
Process demonstration speech topics about deciding on an evening dress, roommates, and even personalized rubber stamps for public speaking and on how to do or fabricate something and the working of things and performing their functions.
Here are thirty example topics. You could show and explain how to:
- apply table manners.
- investigate a black box in an airplane.
- choose jewelry for an evening dress.
- choose tasty French champagne.
- deliver an effective speech.
- bake the best doughnuts.
- organize a prom night the whole nine yards.
- find a good dorm roommate.
- get a refund after you bought something you do not like.
- get a satellite tv for free.
- secure your home from burglars.
- lose weight safely and with a lasting effect.
- build a recycle compost bin in your garden.
- build a pyramid of a team cheerleaders.
- prepare for a job interview.
- register or establish a legal valued trademark or patent.
- overcome fear of public speaking before you stand behind a desk.
- get rid of roaches, mice and other pests in the backyard the natural way.
Unique Demonstration Speech Topics
- How asphalt cement is made.
- How batteries and accus work.
- How original Aboriginal boomerangs work.
- How bulletproof vests work.
- How an artificial pacemaker stimulates a heart.
- How perfumes and fragrances are designed.
- How thermometer instruments work.
- How antique barometers work.
- How personalized rubber stamps for hallmark imprinted impresssions are made.
- How topographic maps and globes are fabricated.
- How air bags open.
- How an espresso machine produces your cup of coffee.
- Fireworks and other explosive devices precaution regulation.
- Preparations for a tandem hang glider flight.
- Why hot air balloons fly after the sun is down.
- How lie detectors detect lies. This genre of topics for demonstration speech in education should be prepared with the help of professional officers of course.
- How a cardiac surgeon does a heart bypass operation to relieve pain on the chest and improve blood supply?
- Intelligent high IQ tests of the Mensa foundation for gifted and talented students.
- How metal detectors for treasure hunting work.
- The Academy Awards ceremony of the Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Academy.
- The patent examining procedure of the Trademark Office.
- The organization of political election conventions.
- The ultimate method to remove chocolate stains from your clothes or carpet.
- The UN Security Council explained – start with positioning the permanent
- The smartest and impertinent money laundering conspiracy tricks revealed.
- The sun eclipse – the Moon fully or partially blocks the Sunview on Earth.
- How a radar detector, a speed countermeasure equipment, works.
- The four forms a rainbow can take – primary, secondary and supernumerary rainbows, and glory clouds.
- Why our red blood cell production is important.
- Satellite orbit types – polar, sun synchronous, and geosynchronous.
- Barometers, the instruments used to measure atmospheric pressure.
- The VoIP call process diagram demonstrated for teleconferencing.
- The route of your Short Message Service text from your mobile phone to its destination. Ideal to show the virtual road for passage with a huge map.
- Unique uses for duct tape.
- Catcher hand signals in baseball and how to recognize them.
- How the sun’s ultraviolet rays can damage your eyes.
- How to stake a rose bush to get more flowers.
- Making fake UFO photo’s is not difficult.
- Marinate jumbo-size shrimps for your barbecue.
- Tips for more privacy in a high school or college facebook.
- A step by step guide to write an ebook
- How to close a client
- How to create a business plan
- How to create an awesome finished product
- How to file taxes as a business owner
- How to network
- How to pitch your services
- How to prioritize your time
- How to research a potential product
- How to work from home
- How to ace a test
- How to balance your time as a college student
- How to create the perfect study space
- How to find cheap textbooks
- How to make any professor like you
- How to make friends on campus
- How to make money while going to school
- How to pick your schedule
- How to sign up for classes
- How to deliver an award-winning, persuasive speech
- How to perform well on standardized tests
- How to write a demonstration speech outline
- How to write an informative speech
- How to write in cursive
- How to avoid making eye contact with your ex
- How to breakdance
- How to dress like a princess
- How to prepare a presentation you forgot all about
- The best way to eat a deviled egg without being messy
Health / Fitness
- How meditation works
- How to check your blood sugar
- How to create a marathon training plan
- How to find the best health insurance
- How to perform an Olympic-style lift
- How to perform a yoga pose
- How to perform tai chi
- How to plan a vegetarian meal
- Incorporate veggies and fruits into your day
- The proper running technique
- The fundamentals of a weight-training routine
- How to bottle your own wine
- How to carve a pumpkin
- How to decorate a cake
- How to fly a kite
- How to grow a vegetable garden
- How to knit a sweater
- How to make peanut butter
- How to perform a simple magic trick
- How to swing a golf club
- Impress friends with an amazing card trick
- Best ways to pack a suitcase
- How to change a baby’s diaper
- How to change a flat tire
- How to organize closet space
- How to organize your email account
- How to save money
- How to tie a tie
- How to wash a car
- The proper way to fold a napkin
- 10 ways to use a curling iron
- How an STM image works
- How to choose the best pattern font for your website
- How to create an email account
- How to create an iPhone app
- How to insert an image placeholder in WordPress
- How to install WordPress
- How to print a digital photo
- Red/green/blue color mixing for website design
- How to apply make-up
- How to apply for college
- How to find a part-time job
- How to French braid hair
Technical How To Ideas
Technical how to speech topics to present information and instructional steps in a demo oral. To explain a techie or complicated issue to educate a public speaker must be concrete; do not only talk about abstract theories but describe it, make it vivid with visual aids, common metaphors and comparisons to ordinary live.
International fitting sizes;
the different measurements for sizes in the United States and standards used in other coutries, all about the yards, feet, inches, meters, centimeters and their history. You can limit these technical how to speech topics to clothing only.
show how to create a nice short animated movie or funny cartoon from a series of 2 D images. Give the full set of instructions while you are showing what you mean step by step. Start with a simple animated character, an avatar-like puppet that jumps over a wall.
the working and the urgent need of using a topical product that absorbs and even reflects the ultraviolet sun beams. Eveyone like to sit in the sun, althoigh not everyone is aware that sun protection is important to prevent the damaging effects of sunlight on the long term.
Hard Disk Drives;
how to recover data for a damaged hard drive, what does the police, government agencies, criminal investigation departments and internationally respected authorities do with modern technology to discover storages media on a computer.
April Fool’s Day;
the best speech topics for a funny how to fool someone are from hoaxes and practical jokes on the First of April; give examples – your main points – in a top 3 on notoriety, absurdity and originality of the sense of humor that’s being used.
Tree Climbing Techniques;
provide an adequate training in tree climbing for recreational climbers, discuss the gear, ropes and knots. And don’t forget the forest ethics!
Birth control pills;
how does the Combined Oral Contraceptive Pill or C O C P, containing the estrogen and progestin hormones, stop an ovulation.
Mosaic Tile Projects;
for decorating your kitchen, bedroom, living areas and even the garden wall. Tell your public step by step in this technical topic how to do it.
Room Air Conditioners;
how are energy efficient and reliable systmes designed to meet your comfort needs, and which special technology is used?
One advice to help you with making things easier: Most audiences relate to technology issues in general, so again, don’t get to technical and avoid highly complex demonstratives when exploring these nine technic possibilities.
How To Draw
Draw a Bearded Collie dog, an Abyssinian cat, a Swallow Belied Mangalitza pig, a Dwarf Hotot bunny.
To make a picture frame, to do a magic card trick, to draw a cartoon animal, to kick a soccer ball, to do origami, to make flowers out of tissue, to make a ribbon necklace, to make a friendship bracelet, to play indian poker, to play basketball, to hit a volleyball, to make homemade gatorade, throw a baseball the right way, to knit a crochet, to braid hair.
How to Play Baseball
You could talk about the rules – show how to swing a bat – also show how to feild – to run the base’s hit homerun’s.
Caps and Hats
Describe in speaking instructions lessons how you can tailor made you school sports and collegiate caps and hats with logos in the latest styles and trends. And for affordable prices. Your speech topics could be about the steps you have to take in getting cool caps for your friends. And the call to action could be: let us get those for us all. If you succeed in convincing and persuading them it would be great.
Further I will advice you to spice up your demonstration address with some persuasive arguments topics!
For the dirt pudding you will need: 4 cups of milk, 2 packages of instant chocolate pudding, 16 ounces of cool whip, You also need: 32 ounces of crushed oreos, 16-20 clear cups.
Saddle a horse, bridle a horse, clean and scrub a hore back, bath a hore tenderly, feed a horse water, feed a goat or sheep, bottle feed a baby goat nice and slow.
Planning a wedding: all the preps and the day itself.
- riding a unicycle.
- riding a bicycle.
- making a scarf.
- catching a fish.
- sewing something.
- making origami.
- feeding a chicken.
- cooking a meal.
- using a remote.
- eating really fast.
- making someone or yourself faint.
- using pressure points.
- doing self-defence.
Set a table, build a birdhouse, plant a garden, make a scrap book, make friendship bracelets, any type of food, make a duct tape wallet, make a piece of clothing, blow a bubble with gum, make play dough, make paper beads, write a letter, tie your shoe, make soap, any type of mathmatical method, make a snow globe.
These are just a few demos that I have done or thought about. Make sure when conducting your demonstration to make it fun, catchy, and full of personality. This will make the judges or audience. It can also make it memorable to take first place!
Also, it is important to describe why it is important to know how to do what you are demonstrating or how it can be useful. And also warnings or things to look out for as far as safety goes. This generally comes in the conclusion. Also, if there is something that is inexpensive, than include prices of the supplies.
For example: If you choose for a playdough. You could say that in comes in handy for a craft project while babysitting or it makes a great craft project and take home in vacation bible school. Be sure to not let the children eat the any of the supplies or finished product. Children may need parental supervision.
While it is not always necessary, judges often find it impressive if you list and discuss the nutrition facts in a food talk and point out a positive health benefit.
For example: ‘Peanut butter is a sweet treat the contains no cholesterol, but has a lot of protein in it.’
This shows your judges or audience you have complete knowledge of the subject.
Random Things You’ve Never Thought Of
Act like a blind sea horse, bring animals back to life using facial hair, create a dinasour out of burnt pop tarts and ashes, use the three unforgivable spells in harry potter, flex a bust out of a steel box, tame a huge dragon after stealing it from its true master, win a cage match against a sea lion and a goat create a weird odd monster using black magic.
How to write a Demonstration Speech
Your Central Idea and Purpose
Determine the specific purpose of your matter in hand. State it in one simple sentence. E.g. I want to demonstrate how to ___ .
Determine the central idea of the text. In other words: a clear factual statement. Construe representing features or delineate the stages by using ppt picture and figure slide sheets.
They see at once what your try on is about and why you want to share it.
E.g. It is important to preserve family recipes and this project is the best way in which to do that..
Your Central Idea and Purpose
Determine the specific purpose of your matter in hand. State it in one simple sentence. E.g. I want to demonstrate how to ___ .
Determine the central idea of the text. In other words, produce a clear factual statement. Explain representing features or delineate the stages by using Powerpoint picture and figure slide sheets.
E.g. It is important to preserve family recipes, and this project is the best way in which to do that..
How to Introduce
Once you have decided on a demonstration topic, write an attractive, effective, and interactive attention-getting introduction. Think about these sample elementary preliminary parts:
- Tell them what you are going to teach – (metaphor for “sell”) – them.
- Why you choose to demonstrate this topic.
- Why your listeners should know how to do it. Give them a sneak peek of a few benefits.
- Tell them that they are going to do it themselves in a couple of minutes and that the only thing your audience has to do is follow your instructions.
Lay out in clear terms the procedure – the particular course of actions. You could consider a series of tactical exercises to help them feel what you mean. Design some kind of an approach for acquiring and applying the knowledge you want to share in class.
Arrange the steps. Show the activities or moves you have to make in a logical chronological order. Describe the details. Be clear.
Do not think the audience will understand your demonstration speech topics immediately. Let them ask you questions after each step before you proceed.
Conclude each step in one uncomplicated phrase. Perform these action checks on the main points before you jump to the next step.
Just show them how to do it, step by step. Have you read my checklist? Okay, let’s move forward:
The Delivery Of Your Demonstration Speech Topics
First and for all, remember this ground rule: think about the rules and time limit of the assignment. Plus apply these eight public speaking tips for delivering your demonstration speech topics:
- Visual aids, such as objects, actual items, models, and drawings all can help your presentation. Do bring them in. For a large object, ask your teacher how to incorporate it.
- Include personal stories and examples.
- Provide each audience member the proper materials and ingredients to practice with.
- Ensure everyone is participating – keep eye contact, laugh, and make some funny remarks in between the lines.
- Look around you and see if your audience is following you. If not, repeat some sections. There are always people who will not understand right away, but are too shy to admit it. Assist them to jump over the hump.
- Ask yourself if someone in the audience would assist you with your demonstration. Stay patient and polite, and help if needed. Do not make a fool of that volunteer: praise their efforts in loud and clear supporting terms. You can do it!
- Close with a memorable summary or with a sharply defined call to action.
- Ask if there are any questions. And leave a handout of the explored information for people who want to know more.