Ever thought so hard and long on what cause and effect essay topic to pick for a project but nothing seems to be forthcoming? Been there, done that. However, tasking a cause and effect essay might seem a simple task to take on. A cause and effect essay is one of those essays you can whip up in a matter of hours and not days. The aim of a cause and effect essay is to explain the relationship between the occurrence of an event and the reactions that follow as a result of the event happening. To choose a good cause and effect topic, it requires good research and prior knowledge of what the topic resonates. You must also ensure that you pick topics you enjoy and understand.
In this article:
- How to Choose an Amazing Cause and Effect Essay Topic
- How to Organize Your Cause and Effect Essay
- Cause and Effect Essay Structure
- What to Consider as a Good Choice of Cause and Effect Essay Topic
- The 10 Best Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Unique Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Cause and Effect Topics for College Students
- Cause and Effect Topics for Middle-School Students
- Cause and Effect Topics for High School
- Fun Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Health
- Cause and Effect Topics on Business
- Cause and Effect Topics on the Environment
- Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Relationships
- Cause and Effect Topics on Global Warming
- Cause and Effect Topics on Historical Matters
- Cause and Effect of Relevant Topics
- Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Food
How to Choose an Amazing Cause and Effect Essay Topic
Have you thought up a topic to write on? If you haven’t, you are welcome to browse through some of the topics you’ll find below to get some inspiration and help you find the best topic.
Always bear in mind that cause and effect topics deal with discussing an event, the reason why it’s happening, and its relationship with the things that occur because of this event. Let’s get to know how best you can get started on choosing that amazing cause and effect essay topic.
Tips for Choosing an Amazing Cause and Effect Essay Topic
Choosing a great cause and effect essay topic for class can get quite overwhelming, especially with the range of topics available at your disposal. Thus, check out these tips to make the process easier.
Think of a Recent Article or Topic You Have Come Across
You might have recently come across a newspaper, blog post, social media post, scientific research, etc. Now is the time to remember what topic or major issue was discussed in the article you read.
Recall Recent Discussions on Matters Arising
Think of any recent controversial issue that you have recently discussed with a friend or probably an argument you have had recently on dynamic issues or events happening around you.
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter.
Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
Surf Through Social Media
A lot of recent happenings in today’s world hit social media as posts on people’s news feed before they get on the radio or television. So go ahead, and surf through your social media newsfeed for interesting topics that easily grab attention. The topics might revolve around politics, healthcare, culture, technology, economics, etc.
Research Your Field of Interest
Search your mind for things or topics you love. It could be science or not. Something abstract and not related to your course of study can help you with some inspiration on what to write about. You can always visit our essay topics page for easy cause and effect essay topics.
The above tips will guide you while you surf through the different cause and effect topic ideas and finally settle for that perfect topic. Ensure you follow the format of finding out the topic of your interest first, and check out its cause and effect scenario.
How to Organize Your Cause and Effect Essay
Cause and effect topics are too broad to just pick them and jump right into writing all you know. The best way to start any topic you choose is to follow the two standard ways of structuring these types of essays. Likewise, be sure you’re prepared before jumping into the writing process as this will make your work simpler.
Write on Causes
Focus on writing about essay topics that discuss the causation of events. These sorts of essays focus on the what, how, and why an event resulted in a certain outcome. Let’s look at the following examples.
- The increase in the rate of insomnia is to be blamed on technology.
- Immorality is the major reason for rape.
- There are many factors causing the increase in the rate of divorces.
Write on Effects
You can choose to write more about the consequences of the occurrence of a certain event. Here are examples.
- Cohabiting before marriage makes marriages last longer.
- Lack of emotional care from parents causes low self-esteem in children.
- Prolonged exposure to bright screens causes eye defects.
Some cause and effect essay topics can be developed both ways. However interesting the topics get, ensure to focus on a particular direction and not dig too deep into both directions at the same time.
Cause and Effect Essay Structure
Every cause and effect essay has a certain structure that makes its writing easy and simple. Below is a pattern to aid you while writing a cause and effect essay.
- The introduction
- The main body
- The first paragraph
- The second paragraph
- The third paragraph
This starts off with an attention-grabbing statement and gradually settles into the available historical information about your topic. Then, a strong statement of the cause, effect, or both on the topic you have is made.
The Main Body
This consists of a few paragraphs discussing the essay topic. It could be within the range of three to five paragraphs depending on what topic you are writing about.
The First Paragraph
This paragraph consists of the topic structure which indicates the causes and effects. Next, it goes on to state the first cause or effect with appropriate examples.
The Second Paragraph
This goes on to state the second cause or effect with good examples.
The Third Paragraph
This is also known as the antithesis paragraph because it explains the opposite side of all that your essay has been all about, i.e, it is on the opposing side of the motion your essay stands for.
Just as the name suggests, this is the concluding part of your essay. You are reminded to use this part to reiterate what side your essay is trying to get out to the public and finally end with a concluding statement.
What to Consider as a Good Choice of Cause and Effect Essay Topic
It may surprise you to know that the best cause and effect essays ever written are not the topics considered simple. The best cause and effect essays are those ones whose writers were able to establish an unwavering connection with the readers. The writers had gone beyond just writing and were able to make their readers see through their eyes what they understand from the given topic. Therefore, the one secret you must hold dear while typing away on that keyboard is to always connect with your readers. Making a real connection with your reader scores you the very first point.
Choose topics that border on what people are willing to talk about. Topics such as communication, discrimination, health, food, technology, and many more are easy topics to make real connections with. Most times, you do not need to go into thorough research to write a good cause and effect essay. You can pick a personal life situation that you are willing to discuss. It could be a decision gone wrong or opportunities you missed out on because of pessimism. These topics you relate well with are bound to come out as the best cause and effect essays.
The 10 Best Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- What are the major causes of tribalism and its consequences?
- What are the causes of global warming and its effects on humans?
- What is the relationship between the increased number of fast food outlets and the increased rate of typhoid cases in the hospitals?
- What causes reduced communication among couples? What are the effects?
- What caused the First World War? Do you think it led to the Second World War?
- What impact has technology on today’s world?
- Did technology cost humans their communication skills? What are the effects?
- What are the effects of undercooking of vegetables on the health of adults?
- What is the psychological impact of continuous fights among parents on their children?
- What is the outcome of the rapid increase in the rate of addiction to video games among teens?
Unique Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- The major causes of human skepticism toward surgeries
- The causes of the first spread of fake news
- The effect of deforestation to climate
- How the media reach people psychologically
- How uncontrolled anger leads to marital issues
- The consequences of the use of marijuana among teens
- How Bill Gates’ wealth affects the world
- The relationship between human skepticism toward COVID-19 vaccines and its increased spread in less vaccinated areas of the world
- Good use of social media arts improves impression rates for online businesses
- The effect of COVID-19 on the global economy
- The impact of global warming on the climate
- The impact of religious crises on world peace
- The impact of increasing teachers’ pay on students’ performance
- Effects of advanced technology on education
- The psychological effects of breakups on females
- The increase in production of soda and its effect on global health
- The impact of optimum healthcare services in underdeveloped countries
- The impact of music on mentally ill people
- The psychological effects of rape on its victims
- Uncontrolled use of social media and its effects on the user’s perception of reality
- The role of social media inciting racial clashes
- The impact of dance on mental health
- The impact of a peaceful work environment
Cause and Effect Topics for College Students
If you are a college student, you can easily pick up some cause and effect essay topics here. Below are other options you can pick from.
- The psychological effects of cyberbullying
- The effect of optimism on the daily lives of optimists
- The invisible caste system in developed countries and its impact on its residents
- Domestic education and its impact on children’s performance
- Tackling social anxiety and its psychological impact on humans
- The moral decadence of the present generation and its impact on the future generation
- Induced insomnia: reasons and effects on the health of its victims
- Aerobics: its long-term effects on the health of athletes
- The advancements in robotics and its impact on the future of work and careers
- Conception in old age and the effects on the health of the mother and child
Cause and Effect Topics for Middle-School Students
- The continuous use of headphones and its health effects
- The need to have different clothes for different weather conditions
- Effects on children when parents stop taking them out for fun times
- Bodily effects of not eating
- Causes fights among you and your siblings
- Effects of technology to your life
- The reasons for you to stay happy and how staying happy affects your day
- The field trip that affected your life differently
- How being addicted to video games affects teens’ performance in school
- How eating vegetables keeps you away from sickness
- Why people have to wear shoes
- Why overconsumption of chocolates and sweets snacks can damage your teeth
- The effects of lying to your parents and being found out
- How constant bullying can make children unhappy
Cause and Effect Topics for High School
- Why it is important to go to college
- How education impacted today’s world
- How adhering to traffic signs reduces the rate of accidents in cities
- How disciplining children from their early years has helped them become better adults
- Immoral decadence among teens and its effect on the health of their parents
- How an increased level of patience in the world can reduce the ills in the society
- How reading books has affected your learning process
- The impact of incessant consumption of alcohol on the health of growing teens
- The role of exercise in the growth of the human body
- The health impact of technology on teenagers today
- The impact of drunk driving on the rate of accidents
- The effect of adequate hydration to the body
- The causes of unavailability of food and its effects on society
- The causes motion sickness in dogs
Fun Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- The effect of low self-esteem on a person’s life choices.
- The effects of taking puppies away from their mothers on the puppies
- The reasons and outcomes for staying where you are emotionally tortured
- The reasons and outcomes behind the need to get rich quick at the early stages of one’s youth
- The psychological effects of feeling stuck in a particular phase of life
- The psychological effects of childhood bullying in adulthood
- The causes of pessimism in adults and its effects on the younger generation
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Health
- What diseases can result from the lack of parental guidance?
- What is the impact of self-medication on a human’s recovery process?
- How does the caste system affect the children of today’s generation?
- What are the effects of regular intake of foods with high calories on the health of a female child?
- What are the health effects of regular body checkup?
- What is the need for occupational health safety?
- What changes in society can affect the rate of mental health disorders?
- What diseases can be caused by dental health problems?
- How does proper health policies affect the health of the people?
- How does delayed response to a dying individual make a difference in his or her life?
- What psychological influence does being optimistic have on the human body?
- What changes occur in the body as you become a teenager? What are the effects?
- What impact has financial health on a human’s mental health?
Cause and Effect Topics on Business
- How does formal education influence business success?
- What effects does the current world economy have on startup businesses?
- Does entrepreneurship have reduced crime rates?
- How does active social media presence affect startup businesses?
- What are the effects of using social media influencers to promote your business?
- What impact does the COVID-19 pandemic have on entrepreneurship?
- What is the impact of the availability of products in online stores?
- What can encourage an entrepreneur’s business output?
- What are the effects of using multilevel marketing as a business model for your products?
- What are the major reasons behind startup business bankruptcy?
- What effects do DIY business videos have on the increased rate of startups in today’s world?
- How does time affect a unique business idea?
Cause and Effect Topics on the Environment
- How does afforestation have positive effects on today’s climate?
- What can be the reasons for the increase in toxic chemicals in plants?
- How have environmental policies helped to reduce animal extinction?
- What psychological impacts does a noise-free environment have on human beings?
- What are the effects of noise pollution on the mental health of children?
- What are the causes and effects of melting glaciers in Antarctica?
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Relationships
- What are the effects of financial ill health on the family?
- What are the effects of lack of communication between spouses on their children?
- What role does technology play in breakups?
- How does a biracial marriage affect the children of the couple?
- What impacts do stay-at-home moms have on their children?
- Why do children prefer their mothers to their fathers?
- What are the effects of having an emotionally abusive parent?
- How does love in a family affect the kids?
- What are the effects of encouragement from parents to their children?
- Do children raised by a single parent go through terrible psychological trauma in their teenage years?.
- What are the effects of bad parenting on society?
- What is the sociological impact of sibling rivalry?
- What are the social-cultural effects of having a bicultural marriage?
- What are the effects of spending too much time on social media on relationships?
- What are the effects of being your child’s best friend?
- What are the effects of giving too much choice to a child on his or her functionality in the family?
- What is the role of a child’s good financial background in a dysfunctional society?
Cause and Effect Topics on Global Warming
- What are the effects of global warming on food crops?
- What role does global warming play in skin cancer?
- How does global warming affect a child’s IQ?
- What are the causes and effects of global warming?
- What is the role of global warming in the increased rate of miscarriages and stillbirths?
- What is the impact of global warming on the world’s economy?
- How does global warming endanger the species beneath the Earth’s crust?
- How does global warming endanger the lives of scientists?
- What is the psychological influence of global warming on animals?
- What role does global warming play in animal extinction?
Cause and Effect Topics on Historical Matters
- What were the major reasons for slavery and it’s effects on today’s generation?
- How has independence helped African countries?
- How does the financial history of the country affect its activities in the present day?
- What caused scientific inventions, and how have they affected the present times?
- What are the psychological influences of the American Civil wars on the victims and the generations after?
- What is the impact of the invention of printers to the media?
Cause and Effect of Relevant Topics
When in a fix and you have little time to come up with a cause and effect topic, our page on essay topics is available to aid you with essay topics.
The following topics are also go-to essay topics you can pick from:
- What causes earthquakes and its after effect on the lives of the residents in the affected area?
- What is the psychological impact of cyberbullying on teenagers?
- What are the reasons behind abortion?
- What are the effects of passing drug legalization laws in the USA?
- What are the causes of eating disorders in models?
- What are the effects of malnutrition in babies?
- What leads to the formation of good eating habits in children?
- What are the effects of air pollution?
- What are the effects of early immunization in children?
- What are the psychological effects of early weaning in children?
Cause and Effect Essay Topics on Food
- Why do plant-based diets have the best health impacts on the body?
- Why do people chart weekly meal plans?
- Does COVID-19 increase the consumption of home-cooked meals?
- What are the effects of regular consumption of fatty foods?
- What are the effects of regular consumption of soda?
- What foods cause increased life expectancy?
- What are the health effects of regular consumption of Chinese foods?
- What is the impact of beef consumption on the population of animals?
- Does consumption of healthy foods play a great role in getting a good night’s sleep?
- What are the psychological effects attached to skipping meals?
- What are the causes of malnutrition in adults?
Did you go through all of the above listed topics and tips? Then you must be ready with one of the best cause and effect essay ideas. Go ahead and write it all out, but do not forget to go through this guide as often as you need to for guidance while writing that amazing cause and effect essay. Always remember to establish a real connection with your audience to continue to get the ball rolling. And if none of these sparked your imagination then you should take a look at our other article with even more general cause and effect topics.