In this article:
Birthday Speech Topics For The Celebrant and Guests
Birthday speech template including 8 samples for the celebrant and 18 for a guest at the anniversary party.
The tone is personal, congratulatory, lighthearted and sincere. So, come up with nice entertaining birthday thoughts, funny remarks and tell humorous stories or even jokes.
The celebrant should be thankful for all attention. Don’t be too serious, poke a little fun at yourself.
A guest can roast the celebrated person a little bit with giving special birthday gifts. But don’t go to far. How far you can go depends on the ambiance of the occasion.
So, it is good to know who is on the guest list:
- Do they know each other?
- How close to the celebrant are they?
Okay, I’ve made my point: don’t include insulting or smutty public speaking speech content. After all, it’s a happy day for she / he is a jolly good fellow Just a small note before we start: were I wrote She or Her in my free birthday writing templates, you can read He or Him also.
Birthday Speech Topics From The Celebrant
Pick out the ones you like. These are sample speech topics. If you are the celebrant then speak after all other speakers. Keep your speech short.
- Welcome and thank all the guests for attending this beautiful party celebration.
- Thank all for their party gifts and best wishes.
- Thank the family members who have organized the party. Especially if it is a surprise party.
- Look back at the past. Mention one or two important milestones in your life.
E.g. your partner, the birth of your children or their graduation, memorable moments with friends, trips around the world, special projects, hobbies, etc. Warm and funny birthday speech topics about family ties always do the trick.
- Thank all with one entertaining sentence, in which you capture the importance of your family and friends.
- Look to the future:
- Tell the attendants about your plans and hopes.
- What do you want to realize?
- What do you want to change? And why?
And those popular and famous speech topics bring me to the next birthday gifts idea.
- If it is a very special event – you reached a special age, for example – your 30th, 40th of 50th birthday – then pay attention to it. Tell a joke about people who reached this age related to the little surprise you want to hand over.
Otherwise, mention certain circumstances if they occur and influence the events. But do not sound sad, try to approach them in a positive way.
- End your speech with praising the guests. Just say you hope that they will be back. At the party next year…
Birthday Speech Ideas For A Guest
These topic ideas are suitable for every public speaking job.
- Thank for the invitation to be guest.
- Thank for the invitation to give a birthday speech.
- Congratulate the person who enjoys all as center of the attention.
THE PARTY ITSELF
- Mention a nice, funny or emotional moment at the annivesary till now.
- If you are one of the people who organized the party: look ahead. What’s coming up next? Lunch, dinner, you are moving to another location, room or place later this day or evening, other speakers, maybe mystery guest at the annivesary?
- Mention the special circumstances, if appropriate. For instance think about the weather, the location, the number of people who are attending the birthday party, and so on. Look around and use your imagination.
- What age? Is it a jubilee year? Is it a 18th, 21st, 40th, 50th, 60th or a 70th birthday speech, or even a 80th, 90th or 100th? Did she said something herself about reaching this age? Mention this unique number and its merits and uniqueness.
- Glance back at the past years of her life. Can you name some special facts or insight stories about the place and date of birth? To broaden your range of possible topics for a birthday speech:
- What happened today in history?
- Are there memorable events on the date of birth?
- Was she born at a special place?
- Is she happily married? Describe this relationship.
- Children, grandchildren?
- Other notewirthy developments within the scope of the family ties? Mention those themes and don’t forget to congratulate her family.
ROAST A LITTLE BIT
Tease and roast the celebrant, but avoid any personal stuff that might upset or annoy the celebrant or a guest:
- Roast the girl or boy a little bit. Can you characterize her personality?
- What have other people said about her?
- Mention her talents, hobbies or passions.
- Are there noteworthy developments or achievements in her work and career? What has she always wanted to be?
- What are her pet peeves?
- What are her values of life? How does she propagate them?
- Look ahead to her future. What were and/or are her goals or hopes in life? Do you think she will succeed? Be optimistic and supportive. Or – if you want to spoof somewhat – tell your disagreeing point of view with a wink …
- Recapitulate the wishes and congratulations. Try to summarize all the best you wish in one well-meaned special speech topic statement.
- And then of course, at last but not least, the closer: the toast. Propose a toast to the health of the girl, so to speak.
- Give her a present or hand over the gift on behalf of all people who join. Don’t forget to tell you speak on behalf of everybody!
Have a nice party and may this information helps to enjoy preparing your birthday speech. Happy anniversary to you and to your relative or friend!
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter.
Free proofreading and copy-editing included.